Security Consultations . . . The SHIELD Way
The first responsibility of our Security consultants is to listen. It is vital to understand the security concerns of our clients so that we can design a Security System that efficiently addresses those concerns.
The next step is to perform a thorough Security Inspection of the home to survey all of the access points and to determine the best way to protect. As an example, a door contact on a sliding glass door is of little use if the intruder breaks the glass and walks through.
We take the time to educate our clients on how security Alarm Systems work and the options for protecting their home and family
Determine whether other options are desired to for further protection
- Monitored smoke detectors are the most popular addition, since an unreported fire, while you are away, will be devastating
- Internet access so that you can arm and disarm the system over the internet and even get email alerts whenever activity is detected
- Video surveillance is also popular, you can now get a video clip attached to the email alerts
- Energy management, perhaps you want to be able to control lights or thermostats remotely, No problem.
We then finish the design by determining the types and locations of keypads and determining the method of communication for the panel.
- In homes with a master bedroom upstairs, clients often opt for a second keypad there.
- Wireless keychain remotes are a popular addition for convenience as well as the safety of a panic button.
- Land-Line phones are not required, many of our clients are using cellular radio communication as a primary or back-up system
The final step is to gather the contact information
- Determine the order clients are to be contacted by our central station to verify the authenticity of an alarm
- Determine who else might need to be contacted in the event that authorities were dispatched
That’s it! When you decide you’re ready, call us and we’ll schedule an installation.