Honeywell Security Systems
Authorized Honeywell Security System Dealer
- Experts in Installing, Repairing and Monitoring Honeywell Security Systems including: Honeywell Vista, Honeywell LYNX and Ademco Alarm Systems.
- Expert monitoring of your existing Honeywell Security Systems too.
- A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau of Kansas City
- 2014 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- No Land-Line, No problem with Alarmnet Cellular Radio Monitoring
- Smart Phone Apps, Cameras, Light, Lock and Thermostat Control with Honeywell Total Connect 2.0
- NO LONG-TERM CONTRACTS, we prefer to earn your security monitoring business month after month.
- 24/7 UL Certified Central Monitoring Station
Honeywell Security Systems Kansas City and Accessories
Honeywell manufactures a wide range of very high quality security systems and has done so for years. Many Kansas City area homes have Honeywell security systems in them. There are many models out there, but they fall in two categories. The first category is the distributed version that has a separate keypad, siren and controller and the second type of Honeywell security system is the integrated type.
Distributed Honeywell Alarm Systems
The advantages of the distributed systems are that they are more versatile and can be used in larger systems. They also support a combination of wired and wireless sensors that can make them more versatile. Some of the current distributed Honeywell security systems include: Honeywell Vista 21ip, Honeywell Vista 20p, Honeywell Vista 15p, and Honeywell Vista 10p. Some of the older models that there include the Honeywell Ademco Vista 10se, Honeywell Ademco Vista 20p and the Honeywell Ademco Vista 20se. Shield typically uses either the Vista 15p or Vista 21ip panels in residential and small commercial security installations. The main difference between the two is that the 21ip can use the internet for alarm monitoring.
Attention: The new LYNX Touch L7000 have just been released. It features a larger 7 inch display and has Android and iPhone apps for controlling it from around the house. Call Shield today to learn more about this exciting new product. To learn more about the new L7000 click here LYNX Touch L7000
The advantages of the integrated systems are value and simplicity. These Honeywell Wireless Security systems pack a large number of features into a very affordable package. Features can include cellular radio, talking keypad, light control, weather updates, and more. These systems are also excellent for their portability and the wireless system makes them a good choice for renters, because they leave very few holes and can be easily taken with them if they move. Some of the integrated systems include: The Honeywell LYNX, Honeywell LYNX-R, Honeywell LYNX Plus, L3000, L5000, L5100 and the Honeywell LYNX Touch. Shield uses both the LYNX Plus (L3000) the LYNX Touch (L5200), and the new the LYNX Touch (L7000) for integrated systems. The main difference is that the LYNX Touch has a color touch screen and can be configured to do light, lock, and thermostat control.
Honeywell Total Connect: The newer models also support Honeywell Total Connect. With Honeywell Total Connect, you can check the status of your Honeywell security system from wherever you are using the internet or smart-phone apps. Honeywell Total Connect will also send you email alerts from your security system. The security systems that support Honeywell Total Connect are: Honeywell Vista 21ip, Honeywell Vista 20p, Honeywell Vista 15p, Honeywell LYNX Plus, and the Honeywell LYNX Touch.
Both the Honeywell Vista and the LYNX Touch security systems have the ability to control lights either based on based on events, schedules, or smart-phone control. For the Vista panels, you need to install the Tuxedo Touch Keypad which is a 7″ color touch screen that has a Z-Wave home automation controller built into it. The LYNX Touch has a small module that plugs into it to provide similar control.
- Honeywell Tuxedo Touch – This is a very attractive Security system controller that looks more like a digital picture frame than a home controller. It provides an easy to use graphical user interface to your security system, but also is a home automation controller to control your lights, thermostats and even door locks. In addition, it can view security cameras an even serve as a digital picture frame when not in use. To learn more click this link Tuxedo Touch
- Garage Door Automation, Notification and Control – This exciting new product works with the LYNX Touch panels and is a smart garage door opener in that it will only close the garage door when the garage door is open and only open the garage door if the garage door is closed. You can also check your garage door with your smart phone and close it if you forgot. To learn more click this link Honeywell Garage-Door-Controller.
- Z-Wave Thermostat – In order to save energy, more and more people are adding intelligent thermostats to their homes. This powerful programmable thermostat can be programmed to automatically change temperatures throughout the day based on it’s schedule, but is also able to set the temperature based on whether or not you are home, which it can tell by the arming stay of the security system. This means that it can turn the temperature up a few degrees when you leave and go back to its normal program when you return. Another energy saving feature is the ability to leave the fan running a couple minutes after the furnace shuts off to make sure the extra heats left in the ducts gets where it is needed. To learn more, click this link Zwave Thermostat
In choosing the right Security System Company in the Kansas City area, it is vital that you find one that you trust. You need to know that every employee in that company is committed to helping you protect yourself and your family. You should select a home security company that is going to be there when you have questions, or need service. You shouldn’t feel pressured or that you are being sold to, rather that the consultant is there to help you make an important decision. This company should be motivated by the need to provide outstanding service and value month after month in order to earn your business and your valuable referrals.
Shield is such a company and we eagerly await the opportunity to help you make an investment in safety, security, and peace of mind.
Let Us Answer Your Questions!
Call 1-913-667-7500 Today
or Submit Form to the Right
Proudly serving the Kansas City area including:
Honeywell Overland Park, Leawood, Olathe, Shawnee, Bucyrus, Springhill, Stilwell, Lenexa, Leavenworth, Gardner, Desoto, and Louisburg in Kansas
Kansas City, Belton, Lee’s Summit, Liberty, Blue Springs, Peculiar, Harrisonville, Raymore, Grandview, Lone Jack, Pleasant Hill, Independence, Raytown, Smithville, Kearney, Excelsior Springs, Grain Valley, Gladstone, and Platte City in Missouri