Space Protection Design
SHIELD’s space protection design often provides the most economical security solution. The principle is to first protect all of the doors, as they are the most common entry point for intruders. The next step is to strategically place motion detectors in order to detect intruders as quickly as possible, if they gained entry by opening or breaking a window.
The principle is to protect every reasonable entry point on the property, which basically include any door or window reachable from the ground.
- They are very efficient, using relatively few devices to cover a large area.
- Usually less expensive and installed in less than 2 hours.
- Excellent protection when no one is home.
- Large pets, greater than 70lbs can activate motion detectors
- Motion detectors must be disabled while residents are moving around in home
- Might not identify the specific entry point
- Might not detect the burglar until AFTER ENTRY is gained