Carbon Monoxide (CO), a colorless, odorless gas, is sometimes released from faulty heating systems. Unfortunately, the result can sometimes be fatal, especially when you are asleep. Although these leaks cannot always be prevented, the inclusion of a carbon monoxide detector is highly advisable.
If you only have one carbon monoxide detector, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends that it is located near the sleeping area so that it might wake you up if you are asleep. It goes on, though, to recommend that one carbon monoxide detector be placed on each level of the home and in every bedroom.
When it comes to CO leaks, rapid detection is the key — after all, it has the potential to save your life. A monitored carbon monoxide detector provides the ultimate protection for your loved ones by alerting you to evacuate your home and summoning help 24/7. These devices are particularly valuable in situations where an inhabitant might not hear the alarm, or would have trouble evacuating the home alone. Pets are another example of why detectors are so important. Installing detectors in your Kansas City or Overland Park home helps protect your whole household.