Card Readers and Access Control
Protecting your Business and Employees.
Access Control Systems Kansas City
Access Control Systems, often referred to as Card Readers, are a great way to protect important assets of your Kansas City Area Business. When area businesses search for Access Control Systems near Kansas City, Shield is an excellent place to start. Access control systems do exactly what their name suggests, they control who may access a certain area and when. An access control system consists of two main components: An input device such as a card reader or keypad, and an electronic locking device for the door or gate.
- Expert installation of a Variety of Access Control Systems
- Remote Administration from Smart-Phone, Tablet or PC
- Video Intercoms with integrated door buzzers
- Locks for Doors, Gates, and Cabinets
- Card Readers, Keypads, and Finger Print Readers
- Competitive Purchase and Leasing Options
- Protect your Business, Employees and Customers
- A+ Rated by Better Business Bureau of Kansas City
Request a Free Consultation
Call us at 913-270-1063 and we'll help you find the security camera system that exactly fits your needs:
We will listen carefully and design a solution that meets your needs.
Quick, professional installation and training
Peace of Mind, knowing that we are watching, even if you're not there.
As your security needs evolve, we be there. Just give us a call.
- Magnetic Locks – A magnetic lock or Mag Lock is comprised of a large electro magnet that is attached to the door frame and a steel plate that is attached to the door. The locking action is accomplished by applying electricity to the magnet. This magnet will provide a locking force of 600 to 1,200 pounds. There are two important characteristics of mag locks that need to be considered. First, in the event of an emergency mechanisms need to be provided to insure that power to the lock can be cut off so that people may exit. this is usually accomplished with a push to exit button, or and energized push bar. A request to exit motion detector is normally installed to sense when someone is about to leave the building and releases the lock automatically. Finally, power is required to lock the door, so a back-up power supply is required in the case of a power outage, to keep the doors locked.
- Electric Door Strikes – An Electric Strike uses the existing door hardware and just replaces the strike in the door frame with one that can be caused to release electgrically. This eliminates the issues associated with getting out of the protected area, because you can still turn the handle or push the push bar to exit the property. Also, if the card reader were to malfunction, you could still use a key to unlock the door. This makes the electric strike the lock of choice in many applications, but not all. Many commercial glass door and double doors do not good locations to mount strikes and some multi-point locks don't lend themselves to strike installations.
- Apartment Building Locks - Apartment buildings require special locks. For apartments, the deadbolt locks are often used to reduce the chances of locking ones self out accidentally. Our deadbolts can be operated with a smart-card, fob, or even a smart-phone. No wiring is required so these attractive locks can be easily retrofitted into existing buildings.
"you did absolutely everything you said you were going to do for the price quoted, explained things very thoroughly, technician was on time and very professional . . ."
Card Readers and Other Input Devices
- Card Readers – Card Readers are devices that emit a radio wave that interacts with a card or token in order to read its particular number. The value read is then compared to a database of allowed cards to see if that card is authorized for that door at that time. There are also optical readers that read QR codes or Bar Codes.
- Finger Print Scanner - Finger Print scanners have the advantage of not requiring cards, which can be lost or used by others
- Keypads - Keypads also don't require a physical card, but codes could be given to others.
- Smart Phones - The newest option is for smartphones to be used as the access cards.
Card Access Controllers
- Honeywell NetAXS – The Card Access Controller is the most critical part of the card access system, because it has the user interface that is used for adding and deleting users as well as running reports. It is imperative that it is easy and intuitive to use so that it can be easily administered with minimal training. The NetAXS is a web-based interface that allows any PC on the network to access it using their web-browser along with the user name and password. the system will contain rules for which users have access to which doors and when.
- NetAXS Cloud – NetAXS Cloud is the next generation in Access Control. It allows all of the capabilities of NetAXS on a smartphone. The app can be used to add and remove users from anywhere as well as unlocking doors.
"I'm so glad I went with you"
"I'm really liking it. It's so easy to use, even the app. I forgot to set it once and got a reminder text and was able to set it from my cell phone at my appointment. Also like the feature of knowing that my pet sitter has come and gone."
SHIELD Security Systems | 7111 W. 151st Street, Suite 30 | Overland Park, KS 66223 | (913) 667-7500