Carbon Monoxide Detectors For Ultimate Protection
Carbon Monoxide (CO), a colorless, odorless gas, is sometimes from faulty heating systems and can be fatal, especially when you are asleep. If you only have one, the Consumer Product Safety Commision (CPSC) recommends that it is located near the sleeping area so that it might wake you if you are asleep. It goes on though, to recommend that one be placed on each level of the home and in every bedroom.
This is not to say that they all have to be monitored, but that rapid detection is the key. Monitored CO detectors provide the ultimate protection for your loved ones by alerting you to evacuate your home and summoning help 24/7. They are particularly valuable in situations where an inhabitant might not hear the alarm, or would have trouble evacuating the home alone. Pets are another example.