Security Systems Leawood Kansas
City Of Leawood, Kansas
Leawood, Kansas, located in Johnson County, has a population close to 32,000. The city was named after Oscar G. Lee, a retired police officer, who purchased nearly 600 acres of land back in 1922. Leawood has historically been a residential city, but has seen large commercial growth over the past decade.
Leawood home prices consistently rank among the most expensive in Kansas and in the U.S. Over 95% of the workforce are employed in white-collar jobs and have more residents who work in computers and math, than 95% of the places in the U.S. Leawood residents are also highly educated with almost 75% having college degrees compared to around 22% nationally.
Leawood, KS Alarm Permits
There are more than 4,300 security systems being monitored in Leawood, KS. Learn about Leawood Alarm Permits and regulations.
Crime and Threat Statistics
The Leawood Crime index is currently 65, meaning that the city is safer than 65% of cities in the US. Per every 1000 residents, Leawood will experience on average 13.8 property crimes and 0.56 violent crimes. Another way of looking at it is that a Leawood resident has about a 1 in 1799 chance of being a victim of a crime.
Based on data gathered in 2011, the top threats are as follows;
- Thefts: 386 reported in 2011
- Burglaries: 44 reported in 2011
- Auto Theft: 15 reported in 2011
- Assaults: 14 reported in 2011
- Rape: 1 reported in 2011
- Arson: 1 reported in 2011
Based on this, Leawood residents should consider a monitored security system or alarm system that protects their homes and businesses from intrusion, fire, carbon monoxide, and in some cases flood.
Choosing the Right Security System Company for you
In the city of Leawood Kansas, there are several things one should keep in mind while looking for a security system. It is our goal to educate potential customers on these factors, so that regardless of which company they choose, they will make a quality investment on their safety. Here are some questions you should consider:
- Do they require a long term contract?
- Does security system monitoring start at only $21.95 per month?
- Can you lock in your rate for up to 5 years?
- Do they have their own UL listed central station?
- Are they a member of the Electronic Security Association?
- Are they accredited by the Better Business Bureau of Kansas City?
- Are they professional, courteous and willing to take time to ensure your needs are met?
- Do they offer a free home security and safety guide?
- Do they offer free/ no obligation security consultations and take the time to listen to your needs and design a custom alarm system to meet those needs, and provide an exact quote on the costs?
- Do they understand and provide the latest features like smart phone access, text alerts, and automatic light, lock and thermostat control?
- Do they offer a wide range of security cameras and video surveillance systems?
- Do they provide an Installation Certificate for your insurance company?
- Do they have good online reviews?
- AND ABOVE ALL, DO YOU TRUST THEM?
Good security system companies know their advantage lies with quality service, and educated customers who recognize and appreciate that service. With SHIELD, not only are you able to ask any question, you may have about security at our free consultations, but we also maintain a website with dozens of pages dedicated solely to education about security systems. In addition, we offer a free home security guide, regular posts on our blog, twitter and Facebook channels.